Sunday, October 4, 2009

:: Glasgow - Week 1 ::

It has been a week since my last post and you all must be wondering what have I been doing for the past whole week. So here it goes~

26/9/2009 Saturday: My first weekend in Glasgow where I got no plans for it. So I woke up in the morning, not too late, around 9am I think, took my breakfast, finished chatting, then I head off for a walk around. There was this Merchant City Festival going on for the weekend with food stalls, accessories stalls around and also performances by different bands. It was really fun and entertaining and loads of people walking along the streets, and imagine with the cold breeze blown upon your face, you won't feel irritated to have to squeeze through your way among the crowd. I've took some videos (wanted to do as if its a travel program, but too many people around and I'm too shy to do it in the end) but I don't think I can upload it all here, so I'm going to share only two videos which I kind of like it. What I cay say is,"I LOVE MUSIC~!"

* Please forgive me where the quality of the video is not as good as the original ones because I have to change the file to a smaller file size for me to upload. Thanks!



First Band



Second Band

27/9/2009 Sunday: I went to a Chinese food selling store with my flatmates, where you can get some of the food we have in Malaysia and some other Asian countries. I didn't buy anything at the moment, but at least now I know where the place is. ^^ Nothing much to do for today, so we went home after a lit~tle shopping.

28-29/9/2009 Mon & Tues: I don't have any classes until Wednesday, so I went to open my bank account, settle some of my study-related stuffs. Nothing special happened today, just that my third flatmate has finally arrived and guess what, a girl from China. So far I got some great flatmates, no communications barrier, everything goes well. I showed her some supermarkets nearby where she can get her food, and also showed her the way to school plus the necessary registrations to be made. On Tuesday night, there was this Welcoming Dinner for the students staying at our residence hall, so me and two flatmates of mine went to have a look. WELL... We actually know that there would be free food for us, so we went... WUAHAHA~ Baked macaroni and cheese, the best dinner I had since I arrived in Glasgow! Haha~

I have some inductions to attend on Wednesday, and Thursday was the official day where my classes started. I have classmates from quite of different places, such as Taiwan, Russia, Czech Republic, Germany and so on. Not much of us actually, only around 20 people in our class and only ONE leng zai here. ::sobsob:: Well anyway, we are all from different countries, graduates from different background, different age range as well. What a class~~ As usual, got to know what assignments we would have to do and date to hand-in, it started to get a lit~tle bit stressful... Well, other than studies, health is a very important thing that we should take care of. So on Friday, I got to know that we have free trial to test out the activities provided by the Centre of Sport and Recreation, so I went for the Hip Hop class! Waha! The teacher FFK eventually, but what do you know, things happened for a reason! I met a bunch of Malaysians there and I even found someone that is planning to go to Bristol too~! I don't need to go alone then~! Felt so excited after that, well though we didn't get to attend the class, we still went to work out in the gym for a while, chat for a while and exchanged our contacts. What a coincidence really~!

*Updates: I'm planning to sign-up for the membership so that I can attend the Hip Hop class, use their gym and get some coaching to play squash as well (if I got the time)! Preety good isn't it?

Well, so far so good on the updates eh? Haha... I'm going to blog about my trip to Mugdock Country Park in my next post, don't want to put everything here now. LOL~ So, until then~ Cheers mate!

2 comments:

  1. Great to know tat u have many activities to go on. Happy everyday ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...thanks~ hope everyone all can be happy everyday~ ^^

    ReplyDelete